Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!
Psalm 139:23-24 (ESV)
I pray for the day when I am released from this body of sin and made new in Christ! Until then, I battle the idols of material comforts, screen time, and comfort eating. I struggle with depression and anxiety. I wrestle with my words, which all too often come out in anger or impatience. I strive to use my resources (time, money, energy, talents) for God’s heavenly kingdom instead of my earthly one.
Maybe you can relate to some of these challenges! You may not always agree with me – but I hope you are encouraged to search the scriptures for yourself, to see if these things are so! And in doing so, I pray you will be furthered in your own journey with Jesus!
Here is where God has been doing heart-work in me:
- Cleansing and Blessing Your Home
- An Introvert’s Guide to Spreading the Gospel
- Occupy Until He Comes
- Full Surrender – It’s The Little Things
- Throw Off Everything That Hinders
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
- The Fragrance of Christ
- BEMA Judgment Seat of Christ – Our Rewards
- Honoring God With Our Finances
- The Greatest Love – Laying Down Our Lives for Others
- Mothering Like Mary, Mother of Jesus
- Breaking Through and Finding God – Steps to Freedom in Christ
- The Long, Dark Night – Struggling With Depression
- Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People? The Role of Suffering in a Believer’s Life
- Honoring God Through a Healthy Relationship With Food
- The Battle for our Minds – Trusting God in Anxiety and Depression
- Serving God in the Workplace
- Tackling Emotional Eating – Comfort Food As an Idol
- Remember the Sabbath Day, to Keep it Holy
- Following the 10 Commandments in the Church Age
- I Just Want to Go Home….
- STUFF (that no longer fits in the closet)
- Aiming for an Eternal Perspective
- My Closest Neighbor – Loving My Family
Favorite Posts by Others:
- How Can We Store Up Treasures in Heaven? (gotquestions)
- Renew Your Mind (Tim Challies)
- This is War (Gary – Unsealed) – Great article about Spiritual Warfare and how to make our time on earth count
- Be Perfect, as Your Heavenly Father is Perfect (Jack Kelley) – Wonderful series demonstrating how we cannot earn our own salvation, but that Jesus has done all the “work” for us
Favorite YouTube Videos:
- The Delusion of Athiesm
- What is the Gospel? Matt Chandler
- The Gospel Message
- Barabbas – Gospel Message
Are you sure of your salvation?