Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!
I pray for the day when I am released from this body of sin and made new in Christ! Until then, I am battling against the idols of material comforts, screen time, and comfort eating. I struggle with depression and anxiety regularly. I wrestle with my words, which all too often come out in anger or impatience. I strive to use my resources (time, money, talents) for God’s heavenly kingdom instead of my earthly one.
Maybe you can relate to some of these challenges! You may not always agree with me – but I hope you are encouraged to search the scriptures for yourself, to see if these things are so! And in doing so, I pray you will be furthered in your own journey with Jesus!
Here is where God has been doing heart-work in me:
- Cleansing and Blessing Your Home
- An Introvert’s Guide to Spreading the Gospel
- Honoring God With Our Finances
- The Greatest Love – Laying Down Our Lives for Others
- Mothering Like Mary, Mother of Jesus
- Breaking Through and Finding God – Steps to Freedom in Christ
- The Long, Dark Night – Struggling With Depression
- Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People? The Role of Suffering in a Believer’s Life
- Honoring God Through a Healthy Relationship With Food
- The Battle for our Minds – Trusting God in Anxiety and Depression
- Serving God in the Workplace
- Tackling Emotional Eating – Comfort Food As an Idol
- Remember the Sabbath Day, to Keep it Holy
- Following the 10 Commandments in the Church Age
- I Just Want to Go Home….
- STUFF (that no longer fits in the closet)
- Aiming for an Eternal Perspective
- My Closest Neighbor – Loving My Family
My personal struggles are with:
- Materialism – not being content with what I have, wanting newer/better/more, knowing how much is “enough”
- Food – particularly “comfort eating”/”emotional eating”
- Words – using my words to honor God at all times; not gossiping/condoning gossip, not raising my voice in anger, not using my words to control, manipulate, or blame/shame (in parenting)
- Worrying – I am prone to anxiety, panic attacks, and depression
- Resources – using my Time, Money, and Talent wisely with an eternal perspective
God is Reaching Out for YOU (video)